The CBT would like to offer our heartfelt thanks and to honor our patrons over the years. We have received considerable support from both organizations and individuals.
The CBT has been very fortunate to have received support from our beginning. We are very grateful to Agir Pour le Cambodge who was there in 2005 when we first brought villagers together to start discussions about forming a CBT in Banteay Chhmar.
Global Heritage Fund’s (GHF) support has been immeasurable. Without GHF, the CBT probably would not exist or be as strong as it is. Their operational and financial support and overall positive attitude towards the CBT has had a profoundly positive impact upon us. GHF’s contributions are too numerous to mention – homestay set-up and improvements; restaurant expansion; marketing and the facilitation of visitors and donations are among a few of GHF’s contributions.
We would also like to acknowledge the support of Heritage Watch. The English-language and tour guide training program will help build the skill level and capacity of the CBT and allow visitors to have a more enjoyable and rewarding experience while here in Banteay Chhmar.
The CBT has also received numerous and significant donations from individuals. We would like to honor and thank them personally.
Thank You to all our Honored Donors!
Ms. Kim Joung Ae
Minsoo Cho & Hyunsoo Cho
C P Charitable Trust
Gwang Ju Buk-gu Volunteer Center
Primary School Impovements
Anthony & Gina Laurenza
Paul & Joyce Marino
Movimenti di Coscienza
Lee Nayang, Park Taejun, Park Jinseo & Park Jisoo
Water Filters, House Repairs, Sanitation and Hygiene
Kitchen Supplies and First-Aid Kits
Brija & John Robertson
Solar Panels and Tour Guide Training
Hong Kong, 2012-14
Homestay Improvements and Library
Community Library and School Improvements
World Fair Trade Group
How you can support us
The overall goal of the CBT is to become a sustainable organization. We hope, that through our CBT Fund, we will be able to save enough money yearly to cover our operating costs. However, we also understand that this goal may be difficult to always meet. We always want to improve our facilities and to improve the comfort level of our visitors. Below is a list of items that we would like to add.
- Library materials: Educational books and materials (English and Khmer) to help support the Banteay Chhmar community library – a partnership between the CBT, Travelers Map of Korea and Sahasra of Hong Kong.
- Solar Panels: The CBT would like to add one more solar panel and two batteries. This will be sufficient to run 95 percent of CBT’s yearly power needs. An existing backup generator will supply any additional power. $850
- Marketing materials: 2 large, laminated banners of CBT activities for trade fairs; color photocopies of tour packages; laminated photos and marketing brochures. $200
- Fans: Electricity is coming to Banteay Chhmar in 2015. The homestays need 12 fans ($15 each) so visitors can have cool comfort throughout the night. $180
- Rechargeable lamps 15 portable lamps ($15 each). The homestay owners will be responsible for any maintenance with the batteries, fans and lamps. $300
- Bicycles: 10 new bicycles ($90 each). The current CBT bicycles are not sturdy or safe enough to ride to the nearby satellite temples, barays or Banteay Torp Temple. $900
- Bamboo chairs, cushions: 10 comfortable chairs and cushions for the CBT restaurant. The current chairs are in poor condition. $400
* Partial donations are also gladly accepted
Community Development & Livelihoods
The CBT members all live and work here in Banteay Chhmar with our families. We all have a vested interest in the long-term development and improvement of our commune. We are always interested in community projects such as safe-water, ponds, wells and sanitation projects. Adding visitor activities and improving livelihoods through new income-generation projects such as handicrafts, beekeeping and agricultural production are also important to us. Please talk to us if you are interested in a long-term, sustainable community development project.
The CBT will match all donations with either a matching dollar % from the CBT Fund, or with an in-kind contribution (labor, transportation, maintenance, training etc.)
If you would like to support the Banteay Chhmar CBT we can offer several options. Please contact Cathy Giangrande in the UK, Stefaan Poortman in the USA, or Tath Sophal, the GHF-CBT Coordinator for more information about donations.